Friday, February 10, 2012

No Longer Two

Six years ago today, I was giddy with excitement for our secret wedding. All morning at work, I giggled to myself every time someone mentioned that I was leaving at noon, knowing that they had no idea where I was really going. When I picked up the kids, they were excited too, and the drive to Tulsa was full of anticipation for all of us. KayLynn loved holding the bouquet your mom brought, Aaron loved his blue spiky hair, and Morgan loved the excitement of it all. I was so glad you didn't think it was silly for Jenn to attend by cell phone! So many preparations had led us to that day, and everything worked out just as we had planned. My heart was overflowing when we got to Aunt Virginia's to drop off the kids and she had surprised us with a cake that was a smaller version of the one she made for my mom & dad's wedding - to this day I still have never had a wedding cake that tasted as good as that one! What an amazing Friday that was!

Six years ago today, we were celebrating our wedding. Today, though, we celebrate our marriage. The good and the bad times, the highs and the lows, and the beautiful, rich relationship that has developed through it all. When I look back at the person I was, and at the person you were, and then I look at the person we are becoming together, I am overwhelmed and in awe of the sheer magnitude of God's power. Because we have chosen to let Him lead our marriage, we are no longer two - we are becoming one.

“But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female. For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.’ So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.” Mark 10:6-9

You truly are my other half - my partner, my friend, my lover, my spiritual leader.  What we are together is more beautiful, more wonderful, more amazing than either of us could ever be alone. I love you more today than I did six years ago, and I can't wait to see how much more I love you next year. :-)  Happy anniversary, baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment