Sunday, December 25, 2011

Clapton & Christ



I love Eric Clapton! On the hour & a half car ride home from my in-laws' house tonight, I just couldn't stop singing: If I could change the world, I would be the sunlight in your universe. You would think my love was really something good, baby, if I could change the world...

As I thought about that line, I immediately modified it to my own belief that God is #1 and thought, "Well, really I would want God to be the sunlight in your universe, I can be second!". And then it hit me -

He already is. He DID change the world.

Today we celebrated the birth of a baby born to die, and everything about that baby - His coming, His life, His death, His resurrection...all were prophecies fulfilled. He came with the sole purpose of changing the world. So instead, His song might say:

I changed the world. I provide the sunlight for your universe. You will see my love is really something good, child, when you know how I changed the world.

Happy birthday, Emmanuel.

No comments:

Post a Comment